First in my top ten posts!
1. In America - I am not a crier. Not when it comes to movies or in general really. This movie makes me cry like a bitch and I love it. Lovely film about an Irish family who move to the US after the death of their only son. Narrated by the oldest daughter who I think is about 7ish? Adorable and beautiful. It’s a must watch.
2. Labyrinth- Hello it has David Bowie in it and Jim Henson puppets. What’s not to love?? LUDO FRIIIEND!
3. Lords Of Dogtown - based on true events this movie follows the early careers of Tony Alva, Stacy Peralta and Jay Adams. The Z- Boys as they were known helped shape freestyle skating into the sport that it is today. Do I look like someone who likes skate movies? Fuck no. But this is awesome and Heath Ledger stars as Skip Engblom- surfboard shaper and the guy who made the Z-boys. He is really fucking cool. This is just a great film I love it.
4. The Resident Evil series - my favourite of the three is the 2nd- Apocalypse. The original is awesome except I hate Michelle Rodriguez with an intense burning passion. Fucker. Extinction is fucking cool too. I probably like that second best. Yep- Aplocalypse then extinction then Original. Anyway why do I love them?? Zombies + Milla Jovovich + explosions ‘n’ shit = instant awesomeness. No question.
5. Buffy The Vampire Slayer - I know a certain person who will disagree with me but the original Buffy movie shits allllllll over the series. Thats not to say I didn’t enjoy the series, I did! But the movie is epic. I do like how the series took over where the movie ended. Joss is good like that. He didn’t just pretend the movie didn’t happen. If you are a Buffy fan make sure you check out this movie. You should have already really…shouldn’t have you!
6. The Underworld series - So we’ve had Zombies, we’ve had vampires so clearly we need werewolves! Ok so Underworld has Vampires and Werewolves. Awesome combination. Honestly I don’t really know how else I can explain why these movies are great…it has vampires and werewolves oh and Kate Beckinsale who is HOT. I just saw the third in the series Rise of the Lycans which was a prequel and I liked that too. Great movies!
7. The Neverending Story – I don’t know if you have noticed… but I like my movies to not be based in reality ;) The original Neverending Story is the best. It’s fun to watch it now I am older. I yell at the screen. FOR FUCKS SAKE BASTION JUST SAY HER FUCKING NAME GEEEEEZ! Anyway it’s awesome. I want a Falcor
8. American History X – My head isn’t totally in the clouds you guys. Edward Norton and Eddie Furlong. This movie is utterly heartbreaking and thats all I am going to say because you really need to watch it.
9. Repo! The Genetic Opera – I wasn’t going to include this but you know what? I am listening to the soundtrack right now and DAMN this movie is so cool. Ok ok ok I will pre warn you. It is a rock opera and it has… Paris Hilton in it. DO NOT LET THAT DETER YOU I AM LOOKING AT YOU LEE-MAREE GALLO! It’s full of awesome (ok Lee I think you will actually hate it I gotta be honest) but it’s sick. Blood and gore and slutty costumes and rock music. Mmmmmm yes please!!
10. I am going to be honest here, I have probably forgotten some awesome movie here. I don’t know what to make my number ten. Maybe I will think of it and I'll come back and edit this… or at least tack it on the end. I think with these lists, for me at least, its hard to think of the awesome movies, or whatever, you like when put on the spot. I can think of lots of movies I like, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Shrek, The Simpsons, Ice Age, The Lord of the Rings, Kill Bill etc etc etc but nothing is standing out to me as awesome enough to add to this list.
So you’ll just have to make do with 9 for now ;)
WATCH THESE FILMS! Tell me what you think!
Love Carrie-Anne xoxo xxxx